20 Interesting Facts about Ice Cream
Unknown Facts about Ice Cream
Ice cream or ice cream is a chilled snack made with dairy products such as milk, cream and colorings and flavorings. Ice cream is also made using non-dairy ingredients such as soy milk. Ice cream [cold] is made with flavors like vanilla, chocolate, strawberry. Here are some surprising facts about ice cream that we didn’t know.
20 Interesting Rare Facts about Ice Cream
1. It takes 12 pounds of milk to make one gallon of ice cream.
2. America is the country that consumes the most ice cream in the world. It is followed by Australia and Norway.
3. The most popular flavor in ice cream is vanilla. Then chocolate. But the chocolate flavor is said to have been invented before vanilla.
4. The first ice cream recipe written in book form was in 1665.
5. Ice cream has been produced in factories in the United States since 1851.
6. 90 percent of Americans keep ice cream in their freezer.
7. The tallest ice cream in the world is the Cone Ice in Italy. Its height is 9 feet.
8. The world’s largest ice cream sundae was produced by Palm Diaries in Alberta, Canada in 1988. It weighs 24 tons (54,914 lb).
9. Cone ice was first produced in 1903. It has to be said that it was an accident. Because there were no ice cream cups at the World’s Fair, instead, they were rolled into cones on paper. It is said that this is how the cone came into habit.
10. There are many flavors in ice cream. The most unusual of which is the hot dog flavor.
11. A cow gives enough milk to make 9000 gallons of ice cream in its lifetime.
12. The United States has declared July as National Ice Cream Month.
13. California is the largest producer of ice cream in the United States.
14. In 2003, 121 million gallons of ice cream were produced in California alone.
15. There are 273 calories in one cup of vanilla ice cream.
16. At the end of World War II, ice cream was given to war veterans to celebrate victory.
17. John Harrison works as an ice cream taster. His tongue is insured for several million dollars.
18. In 2019, $6 billion was spent on ice cream in the United States. Up to $40 per person has been spent.
19. In the 1940s, researchers hypothesized that ice cream was the cause of polio. They thought this because there was more polio during the hot season.
20. The most popular ice cream topping is said to be chocolate syrup.
Thank you for reading these Interesting Rare Facts about Ice Cream. We hope today you know something useful!
Images Credit: pixabay.com